Why does the forum sign-in and post, say access denied?

I wrote up a question before logging in, the button indicated sign-in and post, after clicking the button, it said access denied, and lost the post. Should this not ask me to login?

Why did you drop the previous forum, its was really good, this one looks like a very badly implemented Stack Overflow clone?

Can you describe specifically what occured after you clicked Sign in and Post; did you see the Auth0 Lock login widget, or did the error show up straight away? Did you try logging in with a valid user?

I created a post, not realising I had been logged put, the button to post did read something like “login and post”, when I hit that there was no prompt to login, just the access denied page.

I created a post, not realising I had been logged put, the button to post did read something like “login and post”, when I hit that there was no prompt to login, just the access denied page.

I will look into this, apologies for the inconvenience.

As mentioned in the comments we will try to look into the issue you experienced.

In relation for the reason to switch from one platform to the other it was more about the concept each provided. We wanted to promote a public Q&A space that made it easier for people to post questions and find answers for challenges already experienced by others. This is better done in a platform that prioritizes a direct relationship between a question and the best available answer than in a platform that excels at collaborative discussion, but where the knowledge would be spread/hidden across multiple replies with some of them possibly totally unrelated to the original topic/question.

We still think we made the right choice in terms of the concept, but of course we are aware that the implementation may be improved. Thanks for your feedback.

I don’t really agree that is a strong enough case, my personal opinion.

It also looks terrible on a mobile unlike the previous one, which works incredibly well.

Thanks again for the feedback related the current mobile experience, I opened an internal issue to review this situation.

I had the same problem just now when trying to post while I was logged in. I am answering here to provide that info, but mostly to see if I can answer while logged in.

Same problem here, I can’t create a new question because I do not have permissions.

I had the same problem just now when trying to post while I was logged in. I am answering here to provide that info, but mostly to see if I can answer while logged in.

Same problem here, I can’t create a new question because I do not have permissions.

Can you capture a small screencast/gif the illustrates the issue? I tried with a non-moderator test user and I could access the creation page.

I just had the same issue. firstly I received a response that i didn’t have the correct csrf token, then I retried 3 times before getting a permission denied error.