As an admin, can I change one of my user's username? If yes, how?

A user would like me to change their username. Is this possible as an admin?

It’s possible to change the username of a user through the update user functionality of the Management API. You can find more information here on how to generate a Management API access token to be able to perform the change

For anyone that has stumbled on this answer, check out this post: Management API "Your account is not allowed to update the following user attributes: name"

I tried using the Auth0 Management API to update a user’s “name” field and received the following error (as detailed in the linked post): Your account is not allowed to update the following user attributes: name.

So at the moment, it does not appear possible to change a user’s name field.

love it thank for the valuable information… kodi

1 Like

There is currently a feature in development that will allow you to update these normalized root attributes: http://community.auth0.com/t/updatable-normalized-profile-root-attributes-product-roadmap-in-progress/22892 You can follow that topic for updates on when this feature is launched!

2 Likes

Thanks for pointing us toward that @kim.maida . It would certainly be a nice feature to have. Hope you had a nice weekend!

2 Likes