Using Auth0 to generate AWS temporary credentials with SSO

We are considering using Auth0 to manage SSO for user access to the AWS Console as outlined in the official Auth0 guide here

If we follow this setup then our users with be able to login to the AWS Console under predefined AWS roles.
Our users also need to access AWS using the same roles but from the command line.
There is currently no Auth0 documentation or guidance on how to do this.

There is/was some legacy functionality that looks relevant but this is disabled since 2017 without any replacement

A question about Auth0+AWS temporary credentials has been raised previously on this forum but without a specific answer.

Is anyone else out there using Auth0 SSO to generate temporary AWS credentials for the AWS CLI? Does anyone have experience of attempting this and what issues were encountered?

I have been looking for the same, among the only few tools I could find out there was saml2aws which is open source, however, it does not seem to be actively maintained

I am interested to know if Auth0 provides any sort of tooling for this purpose.

We were provided with this without warranty as an example of how AWS authentication should be done from the shell using Auth0 and SAML or OIDC

GitHub - Adam-Auth0/aws-cli-authz: Node Cli to authenticate a user with Auth0 and authorise access to AWS Cli

1 Like