User's IP address inside Custom Database Login

Hello,

Is there a way to obtain the user’s IP address during the custom database login process? We would like to use that information for custom processing and logging in our application. Same question was asked here Getting the client's IP address inside custom database login but it was not answered.

Thank you,
S.

Hey there @sebastjan.stamatov, welcome to Auth0’s Community! As stated by @konrad.sopala, this is possible through Rules. It’s important to be aware that rules only are triggered upon a successful authentication request. I have quoted Konrad below who dives into what is needed to obtain the IP address. In the event you run into any issues implementing this or have found it incorrect, please let me know as I am happy to help. Thanks!

Hi James,
Thank you for the quick response. I was hoping to get the IP address before successful authentication but that is not possible as I understand. We will probably make some modifications on our end and utilize rules instead.
Cheers,
Sebastjan.

1 Like

Sounds great @sebastjan.stamatov! Please let us know if we can be of further assistance with any future questions you may have!

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.