User signs three different accounts and later linked the account

Let say if we have four social authorization button so the user can pick any of it. If the user picks SocialA button to log into the server, we use the user_id provided by auth0 to reference any data related to user. If the same user logins next time with a different social account say SocialB, we get new userId from Auth0 and new data will be stored as a reference to the user.

We totally want to avoid creating two auth0ids in our databases for same user and if the user later able to link the account which UserId would be his primary id?

Once the account is linked, do we need to update our database entry with primary user Id?

Hi there @stackflow1, I apologize for delay.

Our documentation on account linking dives into this very situation. When you get a chance, please give it a look and let me know if you have any questions or concerns that I can help with!

Due to the age of this question I will keep this topic open for ten days unless I hear otherwise from you. Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.