User information is not included in the email template

Good day
An invitation and verification email were sent with [[ user.name ]] in the template but it did not include include name of the user.
Additionally, I put [% debug %] in the template that sees user objects and objects that only include email addresses. Would it be possible for you guys to tell me why the user object doesn’t include any other information? and help me in that case?

thanks in advance

1 Like

Hi @ilia_magnificode,

Welcome to the Auth0 Community!

If you are using Liquid syntax in your email template, the correct reference for the user’s name would be {{ user.name }} with curly brackets instead of square brackets. (Reference: Use Liquid Syntax in Email Templates)

Similarly for debugging, it should be {% debug %}.

Here is a list of callable variables in an email template.

Could you please make these changes and let me know how it goes?

Thanks,
Rueben

Good day @rueben.tiow

The question was written incorrectly, I previously used this syntax {{ user.name }}.
Further, I placed {%debug%} in the email template, and the user object does not contain a name.

1 Like

Hey @rueben.tiow would love your help on this

1 Like

Hi @ilia_magnificode,

Thanks for your reply.

I noticed that your user invitation email template includes {{ user.name }} but it’s not present in your verification email template.

When inspecting your user invitation email template, I don’t see any issues with the email template code. It looks fine.

However, I did notice that when creating the organization user invitation request, there is no way to specify the user’s name.

For example:

curl -L 'https://login.auth0.com/api/v2/organizations/:id/invitations' \
-H 'Content-Type: application/json' \
-H 'Accept: application/json' \
--data-raw '{"inviter":{"name":"string"},"invitee":{"email":"user@example.com"},"client_id":"string","connection_id":"string","app_metadata":{},"user_metadata":{},"ttl_sec":0,"roles":["string"],"send_invitation_email":true}'

Hence why, the {{ user.name }} is not included in the email template.

The only name available is the {{ inviter.name }}.

You could work around this by including the user’s name in the user_metadata and calling it that way.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Rueben

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.