URL has been blocked by CORS policy: Method PATCH is not allowed by Access-Control-Allow-Methods in preflight response

Hello there, I’m using the API management v2 of Auth2 to retrieve and update users from my client-side using React. I am having a problem updating the user_metadata. This is the error message that I receive after sending the PATCH request " has been blocked by CORS policy: Method PATCH is not allowed by Access-Control-Allow-Methods in preflight response." I do not know what I am doing wrong

This is the code from client side:

const updateUser = async () => {
    const userID = user.sub;
    const options = {
      method: "PATCH",
      url: `https://example.us.auth0.com/api/v2/users/${userID}`,
      headers: {
        "content-type": "application/json",
        authorization: Bearer <API TOKEN> 
},
      body: {
        user_metadata: { cus_id: "secret key" },
      },
    };

await axios
      .request(options)
      .then((response) => {
        console.log(response);
      })
      .catch(function (error) {
        console.error(error);
      });
  };

I also set both “web origins” and “cors origins” in my auth0 application to the correct URL.

Everything works fine if I send the PATCH request from POSTMAN. but it does not work from my production environment URL. I am using only the client-side for this application and auth0 integration.

if anyone could help, please comment on the post
Thanks.

I’m experiencing this same problem as well. No matter what I try, running PATCH generates a CORS error for me.

Has anyone ever encountered this before, and been able to solve it? I’ve been stuck on this for a few days now…

It’s ridiculous. Thread after thread with the same issue and no resolution. I’m also running into this and can’t seem to find an answer.