Universal login and check last password reset rule

Why doesn’t the universal login handle the last password reset rule? I was expecting Auth0 to automatically popup the reset password dialog but it redirects to my application with an error of unauthorized and error_description of please change your password.

This seems to be quite a jarring user experience if I have to create my own reset password screen instead of the auth0 login screen which they were just in.

Dave

Hello @ctpi.project,

Welcome to the Community. Auth0 Rules run only after the user has logged in, at which point they have already gone past UL. I would suggest redirecting the user to a “change password required” notification page, and email the user a password reset link.

Actions, currently in beta, may provide functionality closer to what you are looking for.

1 Like

Hey there!

As this topic is related to Rules - Hooks - Actions and Rules & Hooks are being deprecated soon I’m excited to let you know about our next Ask me Anything session in the Forum on Thursday, January 18 with the Rules, Hooks and Actions team on Rules & Hooks and why Actions matter! Submit your questions in the thread above and our esteemed product experts will provide written answers on January 18. Find out more about Rules & Hooks and why Actions matter! Can’t wait to see you there!

Learn more here!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.