Swift SDK .authentication().login and PKCE returning invalid token

hello everybody:-)

I recently began a new project in which I am adding an iOS app to an existing web app project. The web app uses a machine to machine Auth0 app and we have added a auth0 native app to handle the iOS authentication. Everything is working as expected if I use the .webauth() call. The webauth returns a valid token and through breakpoints I have followed the code to see that it goes through the PKCE process.

The issue I am wondering about is if it is possible to use the Swift SDK and .authentication().login to get a valid token so I can create a custom login page. The designers requirements are such that custom is what we need. Currently if I just use the .authentication().login call it returns an invalid token. I can see that this flow does not follow PKCE protocol and returns a token whose header says it is signed with RS256 when in reality it is signed with HS256.

I see where I can implement a PKCE authentication through RESTful calls here PKCE calls but I would think it would be possible with the swift SDK provided. Any hints or help would be greatlky appreciated.

Using Auth0.Swift 1.2.2, Xcode 10 beta, ios 11, swift 4.

The webauth call:

Auth0
       .webAuth()
       .connection("MY-CONNECTION)
       .audience("https://myapp.auth0.com/userinfo")
       .start { result in
            switch result {
            case .success(let credentials):
                print("credentials: \(credentials)")
            case .failure(let error):
                print(error)
             }
         }

The authentication() call:

Auth0
        .authentication()
        .login(
            usernameOrEmail: "me@mycompany.com",
            password: "password",
            realm: "MY-CONNECTION",
            audience: "https://myapp.auth0.com/userinfo",
            scope: "openid")
        .start { result in
            switch result {
            case .success(let credentials):
                print("Obtained credentials: \(credentials)")
            case .failure(let error):
                print("Failed with \(error)")
            }
    }

Thank you,

ben

Hey there!

Sorry for such delay in response! We’re doing our best in providing the best developer support experience out there, but sometimes the number of incoming questions is just too big for our bandwidth. Sorry for such inconvenience!

Do you still require further assistance from us?