SSO between Zendesk and ASP.net OWIN application

I am currently using a trial of Auth0 to test SSO between Zendesk using SAML and an ASP.net (not core) MVC application configured to use OWIN middle ware.

OWIN setup config:
var options = new Auth0AuthenticationOptions()
{
Domain = auth0Domain,
ClientId = auth0ClientId,
ClientSecret = auth0ClientSecret,

Audience
Provider = new Auth0AuthenticationProvider()
};
app.UseAuth0Authentication(options);

Zendesk is configured to use SAML as per Auth0 documentation. We are using the internal Auth0 database to store users and have the checkbox checked to have “Use Auth0 instead of the IdP to do Single Sign On”.

When I log on to one of these applications, I expect a seamless SSO experience when accessing the second application. Instead I am shown my hosted login page telling me that I last logged on as User1 and clicking continue will log me into the second application.

Is this correct behavior being shown the login page between the two applications? We were hoping to have a seamless transition between Zendesk and the MVC web application.

I have emailed support and Abhishek Hingnikar said “The client / application would need to initiate authentication from the authorization server.” Which I think I am doing so.

Thank you.

1 Like

Hey @rhargrove

As it has been more than a few months since this topic was opened and there has been no reply or further information provided from the community as to the existence of the issue we would like to check if you are still facing the described challenge?

We are more than happy to assist in any way! If the issue is still out there please let us know so we can create a new thread for better visibility, otherwise we’ll close this one in week’s time.

Thank you!

This issue can be closed, we were able to get seamless sso working with our application.

1 Like

I’m glad to hear that it all came together! Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.