Specific token no expiration for script to script

Hello there,

I’m using auth0 for social connection between my application and Github (reactJS for the frontend, and golang for the backend), and it’s works pretty well !

Today I got a question for a specific use case : my customers need to use a token to set up a script (this script will consume API endpoint), but, because the set up process is taking some time, I can’t ask them to change the access token every 30 days or something else.

So my question : if for this use case, there is a way for a non expiration token or something like this ?

I see many application that will have this kind of behavior (download a token from profile page, and we can use to make integration with other service, and It’s not needed to change the token every days, month or years)

Thanks for your help on this topic,

Kind regards,
Florian

Hi @florian2

Welcome to the Auth0 Community!

You are talking about an API key, and that is something that is not supported.

The OAuth2 way of handling this would be issuing a set of client credentials to each developer/application, and having the applications request their own tokens.

Hope this helps,
Dan

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.