SMS MFA expiry date and customization

Hello,

I’m currently configuring MFA SMS with Twilio as SMS provider and I was looking for two things:

• a way to customize code expiry date
  • what is the default time limit of a code ?

Thank you

Hi @eric.hu and thanks for reaching out!

You should be able to customize the expiry date when you configure your Passwordless SMS by adjusting the OTP Expiry value. By default I believe the expiry is set to 180 seconds. Here’s some documentation about configuring Passwordless SMS that should help with that.

Let me know if this helps answer your question!

Best,
Colin

Hello Colin,

Thank you for taking time to answer me !
Does the Passwordless SMS configuration also set up for the MFA SMS ?

Regards,
Eric

Hi @eric.hu

My apologies I was thinking in terms of Passwordless SMS and not MFA with SMS which does follow different behavior. In the context of MFA it isn’t the code/OTP that expires, but rather it is the transaction which can expire. However to your point about customizing this transaction expiry, unfortunately this is not customizable at this time as it’s a global configuration. The default expiry for MFA transactions is 5 minutes, which can be found in our docs on troubleshooting MFA

Apologies again for the confusion on my end, let me know if that answers your question :slightly_smiling_face:

Best,
Colin

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.