Signup with authorize_redirect?

I added auth0 login for my python web app as described in the example with auth0.authorize_redirect(redirect_uri=AUTH0_CALLBACK_URL, audience=AUTH0_AUDIENCE)

However, my customer want also a sign-up button directly beside the login button. How do I need to call the signup function with auth0.authorize_redirect(redirect_uri=AUTH0_CALLBACK_URL, audience=AUTH0_AUDIENCE)?

Could not find any documentation in the python example.

Thanks in advance!

Hi @Rannick,

This FAQ should help you figure it out. Let me know if you have any questions!

Hi Dan,

Thank you for the link. I just tested it the following way:

auth0.authorize_redirect(redirect_uri=AUTH0_CALLBACK_URL, audience=AUTH0_AUDIENCE, screen_hint=signup)

However, this does not work. Is there an alternate way for authorise_redirect?

Best regards,
Rannick

Can you confirm you are using New Universal Login?

I am not quite sure if New Universal Login is used by the auth0 python quickstart example under the following link:

Somehow, Auth0 Python SDK Quickstarts: Login is missing an explanation how to redirect to signup instead to login.

I still have not found any solution so far.

You can configure which login you are using (New or Classic) in the dashboard.

Please check and let me know.

Hi Dan,

Thank you for the hint, just looked it up and I can confirm using the New Universal Login.

Do you know how I can use authorize_redirect to direct new potential customers to sign up.

1 Like

just took an additional look on the provided links and started a new test, but everything is still the same, authorize_redirect does not work with screen_hint=signup. Also tested action=signup, but this also does not work.

In both cases the following message is returned from authorize_redirect:

{
“message”: “name ‘signup’ is not defined”
}

Do I miss something here?

This may be an issue with the SDK not passing the param. Let me take a look and I will update here with an answer.

You are trying to pass a signup variable, which doesn’t exist. You need to pass signup as a string.

screen_hint='signup'

This was the solution! Sry Dan, I think I went into tunnel vision. :see_no_evil:

It works now with authorize_redirect and screen_hint=‘signup’

No problem! Let us know if you have other questions.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.