Show user does not exist error in database log on

Hello,

If a user opens the application for the first time and gets to the lock per default the log on screen is shown. If he now enters an email and password that do not exist an error is shown that is defined by "lock.invalid_email_password": "Custom message about invalid credentials",.
This is the same error message someone gets if he mistypes his email or password.

Is it possible to show a more expressive error message like “User does not exist” which would be the opposite of the “user_exists” error in sign-up?
We would like to help our users in a way that we tell him to sign-up first, if he starts the app the first time.

I checked Customize Lock Error Messages and did not found a suitable error property there.

Thanks in advance and best regards,
Steffen

Hey there @info.transpashare! There isn’t currently a “User does not exist” languageDictionary field as you stated but I could see the value in it. I would recommend heading over to Auth0.com/feedback and leaving it as a feature request.

Also the full available list of languageDictionary fields can be found here. Please let me know if you have any questions.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.