Redirect to original state with rules or express-openid-connect

I have an Auth0 app setup with the Node SDK. When a user clicks on login from any page, I want it to redirect back to that page once the login is completed. I read all the docs but I didn’t understand where to pass the state from, and what to do with the rules either. Can I do this from the express SDK instead?

I’m wondering the same and can’t find documentation on this. Simple deep linking no matter what URL you start from. I’d preferably like this to live in code vs. the dashboard. Can someone from the Auth0 team chime in?

Just ruling out the obvious, have you set your return url in the challenge?

1 Like

Hey there!

As this topic is related to Rules - Hooks - Actions and Rules & Hooks are being deprecated soon I’m excited to let you know about our next Ask me Anything session in the Forum on Thursday, January 18 with the Rules, Hooks and Actions team on Rules & Hooks and why Actions matter! Submit your questions in the thread above and our esteemed product experts will provide written answers on January 18. Find out more about Rules & Hooks and why Actions matter! Can’t wait to see you there!

Learn more here!