Progressive profiling in Gatsby

Hi there. I’m looking for some advice on how to setup progressive profiling in a Gatsby-driven web app, which uses the auth0-js SDK. Once a user signs up (either with email/password or Google auth), we want to capture a few required fields (age verification etc) on a separate onboarding page, preferably before the user registration process completes.

I’ve followed advice on how to setup the redirect rules here so that part is more or less working: rules/redirect-rules/progressive-profiling at master · auth0/rules · GitHub

Also, I’ve referred to Ashish’s Express JS profile app example here for clues on how to setup the onboarding page in our Gatsby site: GitHub - ashishdasnurkar/update-profile-website: a simple node app that implements progressive profiling
This is the part I’m mostly having trouble with as we’d like to keep all the front end code within our Gatsby codebase. I’m not sure what auth0-js client methods I need to use here to extract the data returned from the redirect rule. Also wondering:

• can this indeed be achieved using Gatsby/React instead of having to create a separate standalone Express JS app just for the onboarding page?
  • is it really necessary to use a JWT token for our use case?

Any advice including a code example would be greatly appreciated.