Pre Registration hook not running when creating a Passwordless user

Hey there Devko!

It’s not a matter of how long it usually takes as to get initial information from any of the engineering teams I would see it’s relatively instant but we’re talking about one of the items in their backlog. It’s up to the engineering team’s priorities + the number of people advocating for certain improvement to say when certain fix/ feature enhancement / new feature will get implemented.

We’re doing our best to advocate for your needs and will tell you everything as soon as we get a confirmation from the engineering team. Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding!

1 Like

@konrad.sopala +1 to needing this for our application

1 Like

Thanks for sharing that!

Hi, could you tell please when passworless flow is going to produce Successful Signup event, currently there is no way to distinguish between signUp and signIn action, our company wants to be able to use
aws event bridge integration , unfortunately we can’t do that with passwordless flow due to that issue with produced events .

2 Likes

@konrad.sopala can you please tell us if the last update to GA fixed the pre-registration hook ?

@dima +1, it would be a nice alternative to these hooks

2 Likes

it’s been 9 days since I asked, is there anyone to answer ?
or maybe @konrad.sopala you could provide some feedback regarding the question ?
thanks!

@konrad.sopala could you review my question please, it’s been a while since I posted it …

Hi,

It’s been 9 months since I opened this topic and I’ve been following the progress hoping for updates. I see that several people pinged @konrad.sopala but the answer is unfortunately the same.

@konrad.sopala
It’s up to the engineering team’s priorities + the number of people advocating for certain improvement to say when certain fix/ feature enhancement / new feature will get implemented.

I understand but in case of a bug there should be some SLAs so that we can also plan accordingly.

I see that you updated the documentation and it no longer says that Passwordless Connections support Pre-Registration feature … That’s one way of getting rid of the bug :slight_smile:

Anyway, we have been evaluating Auth0 for a while but having zero visibility as to when (if ever) this could be fixed is quite a blocker for us so we’ll probably go for an alternative solution. Unless there is another way to implement this use case

thanks anyway
cheers

1 Like

I have impression that auth0 team released passwordless feature kind of half done. All their documentation with templates that are supposed to work does nothing . We struggle a lot, what a nightmare. I don’t how many software engineers are working over there, but it’s ridiculous, when serious bugs like this one have never addressed . This kind of bugs must be addressed ASAP . Guys if this feature is still POC don’t make people fool by your docs that give illusion this feature works.

2 Likes