Pre registration Action does not add metadata

Can you please explain is my code right? It do not add default role (id in secrets)

exports.onExecutePreUserRegistration = async (event, api) => {

try {

api.user.setUserMetadata("role", event.secrets.defaultRoleId);

} catch (e) {

console.error(e);

}

};

Hi @lonli.lokli,

I moved this to a new topic because it’s a seperate question.

It looks okay, are you seeing any errors? Can you try logging or debugging to see what is going on?

I do not see any errorrs. I do not know how to debug - Test Custom action works.
I do not see any logging information in Monitoring\Logs, while my action is part of Pre-User Registration flow

Could you please DM me the name of your tenant?

Resolved this via DM.

Here is an action that will add a default role to user and the token, or will add existing roles to the token.

/**
* Handler that will be called during the execution of a PostLogin flow.
* @param {Event} event - Details about the user and the context in which they are logging in.
* @param {PostLoginAPI} api - Interface whose methods can be used to change the behavior of the login.
*/
exports.onExecutePostLogin = async (event, api) => {
  const namespace = "https://YOUR_NAMESPACE";

if (event.authorization && event.authorization.roles.length === 0) {
    const ManagementClient = require('auth0').ManagementClient;
    const auth0 = new ManagementClient({
      domain: event.secrets.DOMAIN,
      clientId: event.secrets.CLIENT_ID,
      clientSecret: event.secrets.CLIENT_SECRET,
      scope: 'read:roles update:users create:role_members',
    })

const params = {id: event.user.user_id}
    const data = {'roles':[event.secrets.DEFAULT_ROLE_ID]}

await auth0.assignRolestoUser(params,data,(err) => {
      if (err) {
        console.log('DefaultRoleActionError: ', err)
      }
    })

api.idToken.setCustomClaim(`${namespace}/roles`, event.secrets.DEFAULT_ROLE_NAME);
    api.accessToken.setCustomClaim(`${namespace}/roles`, event.secrets.DEFAULT_ROLE_NAME);

} else if (event.authorization) {
    api.idToken.setCustomClaim(`${namespace}/roles`, event.authorization.roles);
    api.accessToken.setCustomClaim(`${namespace}/roles`, event.authorization.roles);
  }
};
/**
* Handler that will be invoked when this action is resuming after an external redirect. If your
* onExecutePostLogin function does not perform a redirect, this function can be safely ignored.
* @param {Event} event - Details about the user and the context in which they are logging in.
* @param {PostLoginAPI} api - Interface whose methods can be used to change the behavior of the login.
*/
// exports.onContinuePostLogin = async (event, api) => {
// };
2 Likes