Post User Registration Action Flow for SSO

Hello there,

From the documentation I understand this triggers only for database and passwordless connections only. How would I go about a usecase where I need to run something only once after the user “registers”. I understand that for SAML SSO connections, registration is technically happening on the first login. Some user object is created and stored somewhere on Auth0’s database, otherwise I wouldn’t be able to see the user on the Users Dashboard.
Do you plan on including SAML connections in the post registration action flow?
If not how would you suggest I achieve “do this only when user registers”? Post login action flow and some custom metadata flag? Or login counter < 2? What is the most solid, trustworthy approach here that’s applicable to all users regardless of how they register (in case you need to support multiple login types like username/password, passwordless, SSO, etc.)?
Thank you

1 Like

Hi @milan.milojic,

I would suggest using the post login action flow with some custom flag. For example, if you require every user to go through some onboarding flow, you may add a flag like app_metadata.onboarded = true for users who have completed it and check each user for that flag and send them to the onboarding flow if it doesn’t exist.

Hope this helps!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.