Post Login action user meta not available on redirect

We have an Angular 12 application Using the Auth0 Angular module for authentication.

We have 3 actions defined. pre-registration, post-registration and post login. Pre-registration and post-registration work as expected we are able to communicate with our own APIs and create a new user account in our database. When we log in however we want to request a one time token from our authentication API for the Auth0 user to use, so we can make calls to our API. The requests are successful, but when the user is redirected our Angular app it is not available at first. If we refresh the page the token then becomes available. It seems to me like Auth0 is refreshing to our application before it finishes updating the user meta and that prevents us from having access to the one time token.

Am I right in assuming that this is why the token is not available even though the post login script is working and getting the token and storing it.

Hey there!

As this topic is related to Actions and Rules & Hooks are being deprecated soon in favor of Actions, I’m excited to let you know about our next Ask me Anything session in the Forum on Thursday, January 18 with the Rules, Hooks and Actions team on Rules & Hooks and why Actions matter! Submit your questions in the thread above and our esteemed product experts will provide written answers on January 18. Find out more about Rules & Hooks and why Actions matter! Can’t wait to see you there!

Learn more here!