Organizations Search API

Hey,
seems like currently there is no Management API endpoint for doing some filtered search for Organizations, correct? :slight_smile:
(Something similar like the ‘List or Search Users’ endpoint - just for Organizations)

If I’m correct: is this something still on your agenda?

Our use case would be: our Organizations structure ist not flat but hierarchical instead. So every Org might have some metadata which references it’s parent Org. Now it would be cool to be able to search for all Organizations which are a child of some parent Org.

Cheers Rico

1 Like

Hi @rbaerisch,

Thanks for reaching out to the Auth0 Community!

First, have you taken a look at the Management API v2 Get organizations endpoint?

This should allow you to make many Organization related queries similar to the ones you found with the Management API v2 List or Search Users endpoint.

Please let me know if there’s anything else I can do to help.

Thank you.

Hi @rueben.tiow
yep I checked that endpoint already but it only supports parameters for pagination yet. None for filtering results.

1 Like

Hi @rbaerisch,

Thank you for your response.

Unfortunately, there isn’t a way to do a filtered search with the Get organizations endpoint.

Because of that, if you have a moment, I would recommend that you submit a feedback request for this feature to be included in the product.

For now, you could work around this limitation by writing a script to filter the results to search for the hierarchical organizations.

Please let me know if there are any further questions.

Thank you.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.