Not able to activate RBAC for Management API

Hi everyone,

I would like to activate RBAC for my Management API which is then used by several machine-to-machine apps. The API + apps are already up and running and work fine.

I followed this article, retrieved a temporary access token for the Management API with scope update:resource_servers and tried to activate it but it didn’t work.

The API responded with two error messages related to maleformed bodies (find screenshots attached). I checked various methods + endpoints + API_IDs + body formatting stlyes but none of them worked. Have there been changes which are not documented yet?

{
    "statusCode": 400,
    "error": "Bad Request",
    "message": "Payload validation error: 'Additional properties not allowed: token_dialect,enforce_policies'.",
    "errorCode": "invalid_body"
}

and

{
    "statusCode": 400,
    "error": "Bad Request",
    "message": "Payload validation error: 'Expected type boolean but found type string' on property enforce_policies (Whether authorization policies are enforced (true) or not enforced (false)).",
    "errorCode": "invalid_body"
}

Next step would be to create the roles + permissions via separate API calls, right?

Thanks in advance

1 Like

I’m having this exact same issue and error of ‘Additional properties not allowed: token_dialect,enforce_policies’." Is there an updated solution or workaround?