Multiple Applications leveraging the same Authentication Session

I have a scenario where I have multiple applications (regular web applications and machine to machine ones) leveraging the same database connection as the user store. If a user has an active authenticated session via one of these apps, can the other apps leverage that active session without being prompted to re-authenticate ?

Thanks,

Hi @lahai.karmo ,

Welcome to the Auth0 Community!

I understand that you want to leverage the same authentication session across multiple applications created on the same tenant with the same database connection. By default, the same session will be shared across all the applications on the same tenants on the same browser. I verified this feature, and it works. Please give it a try and let me know if any further questions.

Thanks @lihua.zhang for your timely response. I have a follow up question. Does this still hold true if one application is a regular web app and the other is a machine to machine one? I’m in the process of giving it a try.

Thanks, once again

Spent days in these forums trying to get a working implementation of this cross application session sharing for my nextjs and remix apps and finally got there. Wanted to post it in the forums that I had explored on the way in case it helps poor souls in the future stuck in this grind. Sharing session between 2 web apps on different subdomains - #12 by reubenh

Hi Lilhua, we have a use case where we want to disable same session across applications. Is there any workaround for the same?
Thanks!