Multiple Application Secrets

We are providing an application to enterprise customers and are using Auth0 for machine to machine authentication.

Clients will want to rotate secrets occasionally, but will not be able to guarantee the simultaneous update of all applications. We therefore require apps to have multiple secrets so that the old “expiring” credential can exist for a time period while apps update to the newer secret over time.

This issue is raised here, but I cannot reply/join the closed conversation to support the request.

1 Like

Hello @PNee,

Welcome to the Community! I would suggest submitting this feature request to the feedback page. And vote for any other interesting feature requests while you are there!

1 Like

Yep that would be the ultimate way to go!

Thanks, I submitted on the feedback page.

1 Like

Perfect! You should be contacted by one of our product managers within 10 business days.

We also really need this feature. Any updates? Can a PM also reach out to us? Is there a link to the feedback we can up-vote?

Hey there! Let me reach out to our product team to find out more about it!

Unfortunately it’s still not doable:

https://community.auth0.com/t/is-it-possible-to-have-multiple-app-secrets/25276/5

you can advocate for that by creating a feedback card in our feedback category here:

Hi, is there any update on support of this feature or another solution to the issue?

Unfortunately there is no update on that front as it hasn’t received enough feedback to get implemented compared to other elements in our backlog.