Hi,
I’m trying to setup Microsoft as a Social connection in our application, but have run into some issues with the given/family name fields of Microsoft accounts. For context, we’re currently using Passwordless and Google as our connections. In our login flow, we have a custom Form that makes the user enter their given / family name after signup, and updates the “given_name” and “family_name” of that user account.
Whenever I sign in to our app with a Microsoft account, the “given_name” and “family_name” fields for that account never get set. In the Dashboard when I inspect the user account, under Identity Provider Attributes I can’t see the usual “given_name” and “family_name” fields, instead it has fields called “givenName” and “surname”
I’ve tried manually setting both “given_name”/“family_name” and “givenName”/“surname” for the accounts in our Form, but neither seem to apply to accounts signed up with Microsoft. On Azure’s side, I’ve made sure that the “given_name”/“family_name” claims are being included in the Id and Access tokens.
What’s the recommended way of setting / accessing the names for a user account connected with Microsoft?