MFA Hook to know if the setup is completed

Hey there,

how do I know if a MFA is setup or not?

Use case:
Use logins into my application, opens settings and clicks on “setup MFA”; he then gets redirected to the UI from Auth0 where the MFA will be setup. How does my application now know if MFA is setup? There does not seem to be a (web-)hook for it :confused:

Best,
John

Hi @dev43,

Thanks for reaching out to the Auth0 Community!

Firstly, your applications should have MFA setup if your Auth0 Dashboard has the MFA Policies defined to Always.

Moreover, your observations are correct, there isn’t an equivalent hook for MFA.

For now, there is an option to check if the user has completed their MFA setup by checking if their list of authenticators includes the factor with the active property set to true. See the documentation below for more information.

https://auth0.com/docs/secure/multi-factor-authentication/authenticate-using-ropg-flow-with-mfa/manage-authenticator-factors-mfa-api#list-authenticators

Please reach out if you have any further questions or need clarification on anything.

Thanks,
Rueben

Thanks @rueben.tiow for answering. Are MFA hooks and webhooks on the roadmap?

Also, could you have a look at my other inquiry as it’s blocking our implementation of Auth0 and we did not receive a response yet?

Hi @dev43,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes! MFA hooks, now named Actions, is on the current roadmap to expose the enrolled MFA factors. However, I do not have an exact ETA for when this feature will be implemented.

Sure! I will take a look at your other post and see how I can help.

Thanks,
Rueben

Hi @rueben.tiow did you had a chance to look at my other open inquiry over the past week?

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.