JWT token: sub claim format

Hi,

I have a question regarding the format of the claim sub.
Current value is the Auth0 user ID: identity_provider|user_id and I wanted to know if it’s possible to override it somehow?

I found several posts bringing up this question and in which the answer was no and:

Unlikely to change in the foreseeable future: yes; guaranteed: no

Associated posts:

I allowed myself to ask it again if, by any chance, the future is now and it has changed despite the “unlikely” probability?

One of our use case is that we plugged AWS Cognito with Auth0 and Cognito uses the sub claim for the username in its user pool and doesn’t allow, specifically for the username, to map with another claim (e.g.: a custom claim as mentioned it the other posts). And we have another AWS application that uses the Cognito username but does not allow the pipe ‘|’ character in it so we cannot use Auth0 for this application.

Thanks in advance,

Cyril.

2 Likes

Hi @cgaudin,

Unfortunately, it is still not possible to override the format of the sub claim (user ID). It would be great to share your use case with the community and our product team via our Feedback category:

Thanks for your answer @stephanie.chamblee .

It would be great to share your use case with the community and our product team via our Feedback category

I’ll do that.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.