It worked for month why i am getting Callback handler failed

What is going on??? Nothing was changed in code for month and suddenly I am getting???

Please contact support for assistance. 
AxiosError: Request failed with status code 500)
    at /Users/olafsiebert/html/spacebrainz/node_modules/@auth0/nextjs-auth0/dist/handlers/callback.js:78:15
    at process.processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:95:5)
    at async callback (webpack-internal:///(api)/./pages/api/auth/[...auth0].ts:95:13)
    at async /Users/olafsiebert/html/spacebrainz/node_modules/@auth0/nextjs-auth0/dist/handlers/auth.js:79:13
    at async /Users/olafsiebert/html/spacebrainz/node_modules/@sentry/nextjs/cjs/common/wrapApiHandlerWithSentry.js:133:37 {
  code: 'ERR_CALLBACK_HANDLER_FAILURE',
  cause: IdentityProviderError: access_denied (Auth0: We could not sync User account.
  Please contact support for assistance. 
  AxiosError: Request failed with status code 500)
      at NodeClient.callback (/Users/olafsiebert/html/spacebrainz/node_modules/@auth0/nextjs-auth0/dist/auth0-session/client/node-client.js:132:23)
      at process.processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:95:5)
      at async /Users/olafsiebert/html/spacebrainz/node_modules/@auth0/nextjs-auth0/dist/auth0-session/handlers/callback.js:43:29
      at async /Users/olafsiebert/html/spacebrainz/node_modules/@auth0/nextjs-auth0/dist/handlers/callback.js:75:16
      at async callback (webpack-internal:///(api)/./pages/api/auth/[...auth0].ts:95:13)
      at async /Users/olafsiebert/html/spacebrainz/node_modules/@auth0/nextjs-auth0/dist/handlers/auth.js:79:13
      at async /Users/olafsiebert/html/spacebrainz/node_modules/@sentry/nextjs/cjs/common/wrapApiHandlerWithSentry.js:133:37 {
    error: 'access_denied',
    errorDescription: 'Auth0: We could not sync User account.\n' +
      'Please contact support for assistance. \n' +
      'AxiosError: Request failed with status code 500',
    statusCode: 400,
    openIdState: { returnTo: '/' }
  },
}

Hi @nolafs

Welcome back to the Auth0 Community!

Thank you for posting your question. May I ask if this is a one-time event that happened or if you could reproduce this behavior?

Thank you
Dawid

Hi @nolafs

I’ve checked with the team, and this issue is probably the result of a call to an external resource, and the request is coming back with an error. Please troubleshoot with the external source to find the details of the call.

Thanks
Dawid

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.