Is there a way to make auth0.handleLogin > authorizationParams > login_hint read only for users?

Is there currently a way of making the text that appears in the email field in the Universal Login when the login_hint value is populated to be read-only and to disappear when a user clicks into the field?

Feedback from users is they do not like having to clear out the text to enter email details.

Could not seem to find this documented in the SDK or via docs

// using "@auth0/nextjs-auth0": "^1.4.2"
import { NextApiRequest, NextApiResponse } from 'next';
import { auth0 } from '@utils/auth0';

export default async function login(req: NextApiRequest, res: NextApiResponse) {
  try {
    // https://auth0.github.io/nextjs-auth0/modules/handlers_login.html#handlelogin
    await auth0.handleLogin(req, res, {
      authorizationParams: {
        login_hint: 'Enter your email address',
      },
    });
  } catch (error) {
    // Error logging
    // eslint-disable-next-line no-console
    console.error(error);
    res.status(error.status || 500).end(error.message);
  }
}

Hey there!

To handle that most effectively I would suggest raising it as a GitHub issue in the SDK repo. Once you open the issue make sure to share it with us here so we can ping repo maintainers. Thank you!

1 Like

Thank you for the advice.

I have raised feature request: Make auth0.handleLogin > authorizationParams > login_hint read only for users and disappear when field has focus · Issue #456 · auth0/nextjs-auth0 · GitHub

1 Like

Perfect! Thanks! I’ll let them know in a minute!

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.