Is there a node.js library for creating/validating a M2M Auth JWT token?

We have internal microservices that are using M2M Authentication to authorize the requests between each other:

However I don’t really like reading help docs (and then having to follow them if anything has changed in them) and copy pasting code for auth validation whenever I create a new service.

Is there some small JS library that does all of the above with auth0 (and extracts framework agnostic [not based on express])? If not, do you (auth0) plan to create one? Maybe someone else has created it already (for their own purposes, but then open sourced it)?

Responding to this as we go through some backlog and for future reference :slight_smile:

I am not aware of a library that provides the functionality to both request tokens from Auth0 AND verify them.

For future users: Typically, M2M tokens are requested using a library like node-auth0 or even something as simple as axios.

Tokens are can be validated with a number of libraries including auth0-jsonwebtoken (non-Express), and express-oauth2-jwt-bearer.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.