Invalid Signature

Hi, when I opened Jwt.io the default token is showing Signature Verified
after copying the default token if I again paste it in the Encoded section it is showing signature as invalid
please have a look at the below screenshots for a clear understanding

Hi @chay.n1006,

Welcome to the Auth0 Community!

I have tested your observations on my end but did not get the same results. Instead, when I copy and paste the default token back into the encoded section on jwt.io, I get a valid signature both times.

After looking at your screenshot, it also looks like the token in both images is the same but throws an invalid signature error.

Given that, could you please clarify what happens when you refresh the page?

And what happens if you try to decode a legitimate token?

I look forward to your reply.

Thanks,
Rueben

Hi @rueben.tiow

Scenario 1: If I try to reload the page it shows as a signature verified

Scenario 2: if I try to decode a legitimate token it shows a signature valid

problem is if I try to copy or cut and paste the token it shows as an invalid Signature

please provide a valid solution for my query as early as possible

Hi @rueben.tiow any update on my query i am eagerly waiting for solution from your end

Hi @rueben.tiow please look at my problem i got stuck with my work it is a blocker for me

1 Like

Hi @chay.n1006,

Thank you for your responses.

I have collaborated with my colleagues on this one and could not reproduce the issue you mentioned. We suspect this may be happening from the way the token is being copied and pasted not in the expected base64UrlEncode format.

Because you can decode an actual token without issues, could I ask what you are looking to do with the default token?

And could you also please try using a different web browser or device to see if this issue is reproducible?

I look forward to your update.

Thanks,
Rueben

Hi, @rueben.tiow I tried with different browsers still the issue is same with my system. I work as a developer we use tokens for API so when I copied my token into JWT I am facing a signature invalid so to explain the issue I took the default token as an example

1 Like

Hi @rueben.tiow ,

can you please help me with this issue

Thanks,
Chay

1 Like

Hi @rueben.tiow ,

any update on my issue

Thanks,
Chay

1 Like

Hi @chay.n1006,

Thank you for your responses and I apologize for my late reply.

In this case, would it be possible for you to generate a JWT token and send it to me as a direct message? I would like to see if I can decode it on my side, and narrow down some possibilities on why you are getting an invalid signature when decoding your access token and work towards a resolution.

I will mention that the default token in the jwt.io web page should not throw an invalid signature error. Copying and pasting the same token back into the “Encoded” section should produce the same results.

Thanks,
Rueben

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.