Id token payload when calling parseHash with auth0js

Hi all,

I am using auth0js@9.3.3 in an angular project and I am observing a (positive!) behaviour that I can’t find in the documentation.

After returning from the callback I invoke the parseHash method to retrieve my tokens, in the documentation (even in the full API docs) It is stated that the object returned contains {idToken, accessToken, expiresIn}. However I am also obtaining the very convenient idTokenPayload property, along many others like appState , refreshToken , scope, state, tokenType .

The token payload allows me to cache the user info directly without an additional call to auth0 API. My question is, why is every tutorial and documentation piece I see performing an additional call and ignoring this behaviour? As I cannot see any reference to such behaviour I fear that this could be on the road to deprecation or being not recommended…

I believe that the method parseHash is validating the IDToken with nonce and signature so I do not need to take further action. Also If I am caching just both my tokens, do I need to cache user info and expiration time or can I just parse the info back from my Idtoken after a refresh?

This is working great, I am just looking for advice or clarification from the pros!

Cheers!

4 Likes

Hey @jacinto.arias

As it has been more than a few months since this topic was opened and there has been no reply or further information provided from the community as to the existence of the issue we would like to check if you are still facing the described challenge?

We are more than happy to assist in any way! If the issue is still out there please let us know so we can create a new thread for better visibility, otherwise we’ll close this one in week’s time.

Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.