Auth0 Home Blog Docs

I reset my password and it will not let me into my Wordpress site. It changes my password

password-reset

When I login with my new password on my Wordpress admin site I receive this error message.There was a problem with your log in Error: There was an issue decoding the token

That error is generally caused by a configuration issue, for example, an incorrectly configured client secret that results in a token verification failure or not use the expected signing algorithm. However, the information provided is not enough to point to a specific cause.

I’m getting the same error, using the WordPress “Login by Auth0” plugin with an Azure AD connection. I’m quite certain my Client ID and Client Secret are correct. Where might I go to investigate the signing algorithm?

I’m getting the same error, using the WordPress “Login by Auth0” plugin with an Azure AD connection. I’m quite certain my Client ID and Client Secret are correct. Where might I go to investigate the signing algorithm?

You can check the Signing Algorithm from:

Dashboard > Clients > Your Client > Advanced Settings > OAuth > JsonWebToken Signature Algorithm. You can try choosing the alternate algorithm to see whether it resolves your issue.

Thanks, but that didn’t seem to do it. I must be missing something. Maybe I’ll try to get it working with a simple PHP page, and then take baby steps from there.

Can you go to WP admin panel > Auth0 > Error Log and post which errors you are seeing there? This will give a clue.

Thanks, but that didn’t seem to do it. I must be missing something. Maybe I’ll try to get it working with a simple PHP page, and then take baby steps from there.