How to select a different email address if user declines "Authorize App" step during sign-up? @auth0/nextjs-auth0?

I’m using @auth0/nextjs-auth0 library for this implementation.

While testing auth0 login for the first time, I entered an email address, then got prompted to “Authorize App” “Default app is requesting access to your … account”

I then decided that because I chose the wrong email address, I needed to go change it so I clicked “Decline”.

Now there doesn’t seem to be a way to enter a different email address. When I click the Login button again it doesn’t offer a way to register with a different address. Normally, I’d expect to see a “Not foo@bar.com? Use a different account” link. Or just send me back to the login screen.

Is there a way around this? Is it possible to set it so that any time a user click on the “Login” button they are allowed to log in again, and override whatever was there before?

Thanks!

From what I understand, Auth0 stores in a cookie your previous login credentials in AUTH0_ISSUER_BASE_URL without cleaning it when the user declined authorization. You can see this when you check the cookies during the login screen. This is how I resolved mine. Take note of your .env variables.

// pages/api/auth/[...auth0].js
import { handleAuth, handleCallback } from "@auth0/nextjs-auth0";

const authOptions = {
  async callback(req, res) {
    try {
      await handleCallback(req, res);
    } catch (error) {
      console.error("Status:", error.status, "-", error.message);
      res
        .redirect(
          `${process.env.AUTH0_ISSUER_BASE_URL}/v2/logout?${new URLSearchParams(
            {
              client_id: process.env.AUTH0_CLIENT_ID,
              returnTo: process.env.AUTH0_BASE_URL,
            }
          )}`
        )
        .end();
    }
  },
};

export default handleAuth(authOptions);

relevant: Logout handler does not call the auth0 logout endpoint if the user is unauthorized · Issue #362 · auth0/nextjs-auth0 · GitHub