How to migrate firebase to auth0?

hi, I am wondering how I can migrate firebase users to auth0 ?

Hi @aman,

Welcome to the Auth0 Community!

I understand that you have questions about how to migrate your Firebase users into Auth0.

The best way to accomplish this is by configuring automatic migration in a Custom Database on your Auth0 tenant.

After doing so, your users will migrate into Auth0 after the first time they authenticate onto your application.

You can learn more about Automatic Migration here.

Please let me know if you have any further questions. I’d be happy to help.

Thank you.

Awesome it works!

but I have a problem
I can’t migrate google-oauth2 user to auth0 (oogle-oauth2)

due to this error

{'statusCode': 400, 'error': 'Bad Request', 
'message': 'The connection does not support user creation through the API.
 It must either be a database or sms connection.',
 'errorCode': 'operation_not_supported'}

any solution?

@rueben.tiow you there?

Hi @aman,

Thank you for your responses.

From looking at the error, it appears that you are trying to create a user in the Google Connection.

First, could you clarify how you triggered this error? Are you trying to create a user in the google-oauth2 connection?

Such as using the Management API to create the user in the google-oauth2 connection?

To clarify, it’s not possible to create a user in the google-oauth2 connection. Since Google is the Identity Provider, users must register their accounts with Google. Then, you can enable the Google Social Login to allow these users to authenticate onto your application.

Thank you.

Yes, I am using management api to create the user in the google-oauth2 connection

thank you for your responses

Hi @aman,

Thank you for your clarification.

To reiterate, it’s not possible to create a user in the google-oauth2 connection. Since Google is the Identity Provider, users must register their accounts with Google. Then, you can enable the Google Social Login to allow these users to authenticate onto your application.

For now, if you intend to create new users, I recommend that you create them in either a Database or SMS connection.

Please let me know if there’s anything else I can do to help.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.