How can I get an email, Slack message, etc. about outages or status changes?

Question: How can I get an email, Slack message, etc. about Auth0 outages or status changes?

Answer:

You can always view status updates directly via the @Auth0Status Twitter, or on https://status.auth0.com/.

But what about notifications specifically about your tenant, delivered directly to your email, Slack channel, or other chat service?

For this, you can use the Auth0 Status RSS feed + Zapier.

The Setup:

1. Get Your Tenant Status URL

First, get the status feed URL for your tenant. The URL will follow this pattern:

status.auth0.com/feed?domain={YOUR-TENANT}.auth0.com

You can test your URL by putting in your browser. You should see the raw XML feed if your URL is correct.

2. Create Your Trigger

Create a free Zapier account and a New Zap.

Select RSS by Zapier as the app, and New Item In Feed as the trigger event and Continue:

Add your Tenant Status URL from step 1 as the Feed URL, and the rest of the fields as their default value, Continue:

Test your trigger and continue:

3. Create your Action

Now that you have created a trigger and tested it, we can move on to the action.

Select Email by Zapier as the app, and Send Outbound Email as the action event, and Continue :

Add your email to the To field. You can customize the other fields to include the information you would like to receive. For example:

• I want the subject to be Auth0 Status Update - {Title}, and I want the body to include a Link to the status page, and the Text describing the issue.

• I also want the From field to identify the email as coming from my Auth0 Status - Zapier Integration.

You can customize this however you’d prefer.

Now you can test the action to confirm it is working.

There may be a few-minute delay on the test, and make sure to check your spam folder. Eventually, you should see an email in your inbox.

Screen Shot 2021-05-27 at 4.27.12 PM

If everything is working, you can Turn on your Zap. Success! :cloud_with_lightning:

Other integrations:

You can set up your action to post to Slack, Hangouts, and tons of other apps. Let us know how it goes!

Supporting Documentation:

Documentation: Check Auth0 Status

2 Likes