Google Social Login Not working correctly

I added Google Social Login to my app and did all the configuration on auth0 and google console, creating the application and added the client secret to my auth0 configuration.
i’m also using a custom login page
when i log in with google, even though my account exists with the mail it creates a new account in auth0 instead of logging with my already existing account.

Hi @ghassen.melliti,

Welcome to the Auth0 Community!

Can you clarify if the social user exists in Auth0 prior to logging in?

Let me add that it should not be possible to create duplicate social connection users.

Generally, if this is your first time logging in with the Google social connection, it will create a Google social connection user in Auth0.

Thanks,
Rueben

yes the user existed prior to login with google, and when i logged in with google it created a new account with the same email.

Hi @ghassen.melliti,

Can you confirm whether it will continuously create new users if you repeat this process?

In general, this should not happen.

I suspect you may have a username + password user and a Google social user with the same email address. Can you confirm if the connection of both users is the same or different?

Thanks,
Rueben

it won’t, it just create a new user once then connects to that user when you use google login, and not the same connection as the already existing account.

Hi @ghassen.melliti,

Thanks for the information.

Could you please send me a direct message of a user’s email address that was created twice?

This way, I can view their user profiles and associate them with logs to see what might be happening.

Thanks,
Rueben

hello,
i’ve sent you a direct message as requested.