General (noob) question about App Authorization and User Creation

Hi Everyone, new here…

I’m considering implementing Auth0 login for an e-commerce website I an working on. I’ve played around with the quick starts and have succesfully called the Universal Login page from my React based website. I have also sucessfully managed to programatically create users using the Management API from a Node/Express backend.

Here’s my question - wether I create a user using the API or using the Universal Login signup form, I always to go through the App Authorization screen (“ is requesting access to your dev-XXXX account”) where I need to “Accept” or “Decline” and only them can I succesfully login.

This flow doesn’t make sense from a user experience perspective why would he need to authroize the website he just willingly signed up for?

To further test this, I’ve signed up for Lush.com, which from my understanding also uses the Universal Login page and after signing up I was automatically transferred to the website without going through the Authorization page.
How is this done? What am I missing?
(Sorry if this an “obvious” or stupid question but I’m new to this :wink: )

Thanks!

Hi @indicava,

Welcome to the Auth0 Community!

I understand that you are looking to skip the user consent page on your application when users log in.

To do so, you will have to navigate to your Auth0 Dashboard > Applications > APIs and select your API.

On the API settings page, there is the option to toggle on the Allow Skipping User Consent switch.

After doing so, your users will skip the user consent page during login.

Hoped this helps!

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.