Flutter web reset password

I am building a Flutter website with the auth0-flutter plugin. Specifically, for the web you have to use the Auth0Web library.

I am trying to work out how to allow a customer to reset their password from within a Flutter website (they are already logged in). Is there an easy way to redirect the user to the password reset page, or is the better option to call a backend service which then calls the Auth0 management API to trigger a password reset email?

Any thoughts, even more general, non-flutter-related, suggestions on browser based best-practices would be much appreciated.

Hi there @tom.bailey ,

I think an easy way is to call our Authentication API. You can quickly test it from a browser - by constructing a call:

https://subdomain.eu.auth0.com/dbconnections/change_password?client_id=iA...9&email=marc.......@okta.com&connection=Username-Password-Authentication

As a result, the user will receive an email (part of a user identity check guarantee) with the URL to start resetting, and you will not need to do anything else.

With the Management API, you would need to verify the user identity yourself (without this, anyone can use the ticket URL).

Hope this helps! If you would like to cover something more within this topic, let me know :slight_smile:

1 Like

That was perfect, thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.