I am new to Auth0 and I have been reading various docs and tutorials. I had no problems with the FastAPI tutorial, but I’m stuck in the Flask tutorial. Here’s what I did:
- Downloaded the example project from the GitHub link at Auth0 Python SDK Quickstarts: Login
- Created a regular web application in my Auth0 dashboard and configured the callback and logout URLs (localhost)
- Installed Flask and all dependencies
- Renamed .env.example to .env
- Updated .env with my app’s client_id, domain, client_secret and more
- Ran Flask locally on port 3000 and visited localhost:3000
I can see the homepage and the login button, but when I press login I get the following error:
"message": "Missing \"jwks_uri\" in metadata"
I guess the app can’t find the JSON Web Key Set? I know where I can find that URL in my Auth0 dashboard, but where do I add it in the sample app?
Thanks in advance for your help.
Welcome to the Auth0 Community!
First, could you please clarify the version of the authlib library that you are using?
If you’re using an older version, I recommend updating to authlib version 0.15.5 and see if that resolves your issue:
pip install --upgrade authlib
There is also a related Github issue that has suggested a workaround to this issue.
Additionally, it may be worth it to try going to the Auth0 Python SDK Quickstarts: Login, logging in, and downloading the sample directly.
Doing this will automatically populate your environment variables, and you can select the same application which has already configured the
When I tested this earlier, that was the method I took and did not have issues logging in.
If all these workarounds still did not resolve your problem, I recommend opening an issue on Github for further support.
Please let me know if there’s anything else I can do to help.
This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.