Facebook Platform Policy Update

Dear FB community engineer

We are facing the same situation. Kindly help us in addressing this on priority.

Please find the message below:
“App name” appears to be creating a negative experience on Facebook in violation of our Platform Policies. If you do not make the changes to get your app into compliance, we will be forced to place a restriction on your app.

We have been given a deadline to make the requested changes by tomorrow.

Awaiting to hear from you soon as we need to make changes urgently.

Thanks & regards,

Hey there!

I reached out to our product team, they are indeed working on that but with such usecases including two companies of such size it takes time. I advocate for all the cases of ech member in this thread! Will let you know once I have any public kind of info to share!

Hi! It seems like we have just got the same message from Facebook
What can we do in order not to have our app banned?
@konrad.sopala I can’t post the whole email here, could you, please, tell how can I share it with you for help?

Hey there @tanya.v!

Feel free to send me a private message via forum!

1 Like

Thank you!
I did. Could you, please, review? I’m afraid the app can be banned in a few hours

@tanya.v I need to discuss with the product manager who is currently discussing the whole thing with Facebook team. I’ll get back to you once I have news from them.

1 Like

Hi, it truly disappoints me to see that Auth0 is now placing at risk the businesses of its clients. We also just received a warning email. We’ve been in touch with Auth0 so many times to allow the facebook sdk login, for a better UX, yet Auth0 ignorantly claims not to have an ETA - although this appears to be a ‘priority’ since 2017. While it’s a common practise for everyone else. Now, we get a warning from facebook, go through this discussion with the hope of fixing the problem, and the only conclusion is that you guys need to discuss with a product manager’. It’s been weeks, what’s the status? Our app is getting banned in a few days from now.

Hey @michael5!

Believe me I’m also a developer and I put myself in your position every time I put a response to anyone here in a community! I’m terribly sorry for any inconvenience and messed up experience you need to go through working with facebook stuff. As a community engineer I’m doing everything on my end to relay feedback and advocate for all your needs to appropriate teams product managers who take care of certain product features.

Our product managers are also working on that but one crucial thing to keep in mind is that company like Facebook is no no-name in the field and discussions for adjusting such things between two companies stacks and going into some alliance that requires not only engineering work but also legal, PR etc could take time and hustle, not mentioning that both companies have their product backlogs planned and need to repriotize everythin everything their doing.

Once more terribly sorry for any inconvenience! I will let you know about any updates as soon as I have them!

Hi @konrad.sopala,

We’ve just received the same e-mail. Has there been any more progress on getting this issue resolved?

Hey there @t3rminus!

Could you share the content of the email here as Facebook sent a few messages during the whole process threatening users to use their SDK and we haven’t heard from all of them that their apps have been banned.

Here is the full text of the e-mail. It is identical to the ones above.

Hi,

In working to create a great Platform experience for everyone, we ask developers to ensure the apps they build comply with our Platform Policies. Your app XXXXXXXX (AppId: #########) doesn’t comply with the following:

Platform Policy 8.2: Native iOS and Android apps that implement Facebook Login must use our official SDKs for Login.

Please make sure your iOS app is using the most recent version of our SDK for Login. You can find more information on our iOS SDK for Login and other Login-related products here: iOS - Facebook Login - Documentation - Meta for Developers.

You can see our visual example for this policy here: Platform Terms - Meta for Developers.

Platform Policy 8.2: Native iOS and Android apps that implement Facebook Login must use our official SDKs for Login.

Please make sure your Android app is using the most recent version of our SDK for Login. You can find more information on our Android SDK for Login and other Login-related products here: Android - Facebook Login - Documentation - Meta for Developers.

You can see our visual example for this policy here: Platform Terms - Meta for Developers.

You can access the full list of our Platform Policies here: Platform Terms - Meta for Developers.

Please make the requested changes by 2019-10-22 at 12:00 PST.

Let us know when you’ve updated your app by replying to this email. If we do not hear back from you, your app will be subject to enforcement. If you have outstanding questions, respond here and we’ll do our best to help.

Thanks,

Veronica

Thank you! I will relay that to the team that is working with Facebook team, however we found out that despite the fact that Facebook is sending out those messages / email they actually do not take any action upon that. Will let you know once I have something to share!

I any update on this?

Unfortunately nothing specific. Can you tell me how the Facebook team approached your case? Have your app been banned already? I would like to pass that info to our product team

I got this warning message from facebook yesterday.

I have sent them a reply and asked what is going on. They say they will take actions on 2020-02-17 at 12:00 PST.

I hope you are right about that they actually do not do anything. And hopefully i get a reply.

When i tested the login process seems to work fine.

Br, Ola

That’s my bet. Nobody who received such message actually got their app banned but ;et us know how things progress!

Hi folks, we are rolling out Native Login with Facebook that should address compliance issues. Come check out the beta:
http://community.auth0.com/t/announcing-native-login-with-facebook-public-beta/40665

1 Like