Facebook Platform Policy Update

Any update on this? Our app similarly got blocked March 1st for no apparent reason (our facebook integration had been live for 2 months).

“Your app has been restricted for creating a negative user experience that is in violation of our Platform Policies.”
and
“Platform Policy 8.1: Verify that you have integrated Login correctly. Your app shouldn’t crash or hang during the testing process.”

Hey @fabrice!

Terribly sorry for that inconvenience. We’re constantly escalating it to our team and the product team is constantly working on that to come with the best solution, discussing it with Facebook team. Can you send me your tenant name and tenant admin email address via DM?

Thank you and sorry for any inconvenience!

Hey there everyone!

I just synced with our product team. They are constantly and actively working on addressing this situation! I will communicate any news once I will have something new to share!

We’re doing our best in solving it. Sorry for any inconvenience and please let us know about any problems you have regarding that situation!

Hey everyone! As our team is constantly working on making our way through it, I need to know the number of you who already got their apps banned. For now, is it only @waterdoo and @fabrice? I mean received mail and got their app banned not only received email.

Thank you!

Hey there everyone!

Have you had a chance to see my last message?

Hello,

We have received an email from Facebook with the same warning and need to know how to proceed as soon as possible.

Thank you for reporting that @MoneyLine! As I’ve stated above we’re working with Facebook team on how we can handle this from both sides. As we are proceeding with it we are also trying to check how many people got affected already (got their apps banned so far).

Thank you everyone and we’ll do our best to keep you updated!

Is there a timeline for when this will be fixed? We cannot just wait until Facebook bans us without doing anything, as there does not seem to be any progress being made in the past couple months we are considering switching providers to ensure we do not get banned.

I don’t have any ETAs on that. I’m doing my best in advocating in front of our product team to get it fixed as soon as possible. As I’ve communicated, they are actively co-operating with Facebook team to let it stay as it is and get it working without making any restrictions to Auth0 SDK users.

I just relayed your message to the product team @MoneyLine!

Will let you know as soon as I have any news to share! Terribly sorry for the inconvenience!

Message from the product team responsible for handling that change

We are aware that developers who are creating native applications using Auth0’s Facebook social connector to authenticate users are experiencing app rejections from Facebook based on the recent changes to Facebook’s native application login policy.

This recent policy change from Facebook impacts all identity as a service (IDaaS) providers, and we are currently exploring solutions. We will provide an update as soon as we are able to. Sorry once more for any inconvenience!!!

Hey everyone!

I’m asking it on behalf of our product team, are there any more people affected by this issue, having their apps banned as of now?

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Please see the linked issue below, it’s still unresolved and we continue to get threats by facebook that our access will be shutdown. Which I now believe since others have already reported being kicked off for this very reason. Can you please provide a timeline of when this will be addressed?

With out an update or an alternative option I see two paths.

1. To continue using Auth0 and get kicked off Facebook
  2. Stop using Auth0

Do you have a recommendation on which path we should follow?

http://community.auth0.com/t/facebook-platform-policy-update/19747

Thank you a lot for informing us about it. Once more I’m terribly sorry for any inconvenience. Let me reach out to the responsible team once again and see what’s the status of the situation.

Status update

Unfortunately I don’t have any proceeding news. Our conversations with Facebook still happens but there has been no major move made. Terribly sorry for any inconvenience. If there is something you would like to rely to our teams working on this let me know!

Hello, we just signed up for a AUTH0 Premium Account and we can even add facebook to our login interface. Please let me know when you fixed the facebook issue.

thank you

Hey there @EOI it’s probably not related to Facebook Platform Policy Update. Could you create a new topic and provide more context around your struggle or message me via private message so I can help you get through it?

Hi, Facebook has banned us and we can’t use Facebook login through auth0 anymore. Is there any solution yet?

Hey there @francescopeloi! I just talked to appropriate team and unfortunately there’s still not much to share regarding this. I will let you all know once we craft the solution. Once more terribly sorry for any inconvenience!