Error handling for send-phone-message action trigger

Hello,

I’m trying to setup a custom SMS provider for MFA with actions. As part of this I need to validate the phone number user has entered before calling the SMS provider to send the message. If validation fails I’d like an error message to be shown to the user and let them try again with entering the right number.

My question is how can I achieve validation and error handling in case the phone number entered is not correct. Does actions support this? Could not find any functions I could call inside the action to show an error message to the user.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @alinia.purple,

Thanks for reaching out to the Auth0 Community!

First, could you please clarify if you’re looking to display some error on the page informing the user that they have submitted an invalid password?

After thoroughly testing, I found that the default Passwordless login has implemented logic to determine if the user’s phone number is valid. However, the custom MFA enrollment with SMS or voice does not and only checks if the phone number submitted is not too short, not too long, and consists of only numbers.

Given that, please allow me some time to investigate this further on phone number validation with MFA enrollment with our Engineering teams.

Thank you.

Hey there!

As this topic is related to Actions and Rules & Hooks are being deprecated soon in favor of Actions, I’m excited to let you know about our next Ask me Anything session in the Forum on Thursday, January 18 with the Rules, Hooks and Actions team on Rules & Hooks and why Actions matter! Submit your questions in the thread above and our esteemed product experts will provide written answers on January 18. Find out more about Rules & Hooks and why Actions matter! Can’t wait to see you there!

Learn more here!