Enable Authenticator app MFA by user inside our app

I’m having problem to find right way how to enable MFA for specific user concrete TOTP Authenticator password…

The idea is that inside our app we have user profile settings that can all users adjust… We wanna let users decide to enable/disable MFA by them… And also let them setup this in our app… At the end this settings need to by applied on login time by Universal UI so the user that configured MFA will be prompt to enter TOTP password…

1. What is proper way to enable MFA for concrete user using managment API…
  2. What is proper way to generate QRcode or Where the secret required for this generation is stored? I don’t see any SDK methods for this…
  3. Can we use management API for this? or only what I red the “token” API which seems to not have SDK…

(We use .net, C#)…

Thx for any response or pointing me on right way…

Hi @damikun ,

I recommend taking a look through the information here, Manage Authentication Factors with APIs.
And utilizing the Authentication API.

You will want to set the MFA Policy in the Auth0 Tenant to “Never”, then using Actions you can trigger MFA post login based on whether or not the user has enrolled in a factor. For example, by checking the post-login event object - event.user.multifactor

Since it will be the users managing their own MFA factors, you will want to use the Authentication API and more specifically the MFA API here.
Hope this information helps!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.