Dynamic API call based on Rules?

Hello,

I’m new to Auth0 where I’m trying to set up some rules for my API. Essentially, I’m trying to build a timesheet (I was rather shocked when I saw that the example guide for SPA + API was about a timesheet app as well, lol).

Basically, if a user has an approve:timesheets permission in their token, I wish to call API endpoint 1, and if if it’s a “regular” user (without an approve:timesheets permission), call API endpoint 2.

getLoggedInUserAndHours() {
        return axios.get(`${API_URL}/timesheet/user`, { headers: { authorization: `Bearer ${localStorage.access_token}` } })
            .then((response) => {
                return response.data
            })
    },
    getAllUsersAndHours() {
        return axios.get(`${API_URL}/timesheets/allusers`, { headers: { authorization: `Bearer ${localStorage.access_token}` } })
            .then((response) => {
                return response.data
            })
    },

API 1 gets all users and their respective timesheets, whereas API 2 only gets the logged in user’s

Hey there!

Terribly sorry for such delay in response! We’re doing our best in providing the best developer support experience out there, but sometimes our bandwidth is just not enough for all the questions that are coming in. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Do you still require further assistance from us?