Does auth0-spa-js support variable size access tokens?

Hello everyone,

with the recent announcement of migrating to variable size access tokens and authorization codes, I’m trying to figure out if the libraries we use support this feature.

One such library is Auth0-SPA-JS. My question is, does Auth0-SPA-JS support variable size access tokens?

I have a strong assumption that it does (mostly because we have switched on this feature in our development environment without any issues), but I could not find a clear-cut answer.

Thanks for the clarification!

Balazs

Hi @balazs.bokanyi,

Welcome to the Auth0 Community!

Yes, all Auth0 SDKs, including the Auth0-spa.js SDK supports variable size access tokens. To do so, you’ll need to make sure you have disabled the Fixed Length of Access Token & Authorization Code switch.

For additional context, by April 12, 2022, access token and authorization codes will be issued with varying lengths to support OAuth specification RFC6749 as described in our Deprecations and Migrations page. Meaning that using variable-size access tokens will be the only option.

Hoped this helps!

Please let me know if there’s anything else I can do to help.

Thank you.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.