Disable blocked_account email

Is there a way to suppress the blocked_account email? Reason being that if

a) it is the user who has attempted to login 10 times, I would rather they click on Forgot Password and change their password. (What are the odds they are going to suddenly remember it on try 11)

b) if it is an attacker, I don’t want the user to be able to unblock the attackers IP. I’m worried they may not read the email carefully and just click the Unlock button.

From my perspective there is no value in the unblock_account email.

I have tried using the API to change the status of the the unblock_account email to “false” but the PATCH email_templates seems to have no affect, even though it returns a 200 Response.

curl -X PATCH -H 'Authorization: Bearer ey...' -H "Content-Type: application/json" -d '{"template":"blocked_account","body":"<html>hello</html>","from":"sender@auth0.com","resultUrl":"","subject":"","syntax":"liquid","urlLifetimeInSeconds":0,"includeEmailInRedirect":false,"enabled":false}' https://my-tenant.auth0.com/api/v2/email-templates/blocked_account

So I’m really asking two things: (1) Is there a way to disable it from the management console. And (2) any idea why the PATCH command is not doing anything?

1 Like