Custom error page, liquid syntax variables?

Hello,

I’m using the “render a custom error page” as described: Customize Error Pages. I know that I can get the error and error details by using the liquid syntax {{error}} and {{error_description}}.

Is it possible to render the other fields via Liquid such as the logo url, support email, support url? I have different tenants and it would be nice not to have to hardcode for each one.

Thank you.

Hey there @thilina !

It should be possible to render fields like logo url and support url. As you’ve mentioned you can use it for error and error details but also for a few more things. You can find them here:

Let me know if that’s what you’re looking for!

Hi there,

That page doesn’t list out what the liquid variable names are. It would be great if that page was updated with the actual liquid variable names. For example something like:

In addition to these fields, the error page returns the follow information to assist you in troubleshooting the error:

• Error : the code corresponding to the error that occurred; Liquid tag: {{error}}
  • Error Description : a description of the error that occurred; Liquid tag: {{error_description}}

Hey @thilina ,

Totally understand your point of view. We’re sorry for that. Already reported that to our docs team. If you come across such thing in the future please report it via: Auth0: Secure access for everyone. But not just anyone. so that we can make our stack and content around it better for you!

Hi @konrad.sopala,

Thanks for adding it to the doc team’s backlog. I’ll post to feedback next time.

1 Like

@thilina here’s the list of variables you can use for rendering custom error pages using liquid syntax:

• client_id
  • connection
  • lang
  • error
  • error_description
  • tracking
  • log_url

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.