/continue Unauthorized error after redirect action

Hi,

Since a few days I’m getting an “Unauthorized” error on /continue. I did test the possible causes in the faq but none seemed to stick.

Strange thing is that it works in dev. Comparing configs did not help.

Any Idea what could be the cause? Other things I should check?
.har (6.2 MB)

Kind regards,

Janec

Hi @janec.poppeliers,

Welcome to the Auth0 Community!

I understand you encountered the Unauthorized error when calling the /continue endpoint after a redirect Action.

After my research, I found that this error happens when the state passed to the /continue endpoint does not match the initial state.

In your HAR file, I can confirm that the state passed was:

state=EpvWQ48ypYx4YIorsAGvZClggl8qkG7J8iZzKE87u5E

And was expecting:

state=hKFo2SBrRnlkU0RtMmxpampqYTNibWExMEFsMmNzNm1WWmRhR6FuqHJlZGlyZWN0o3RpZNkgeHFiVlZ4U204TVJjamJ2S2NjcVc2Q0RSYVNWdW43ZkOjY2lk2SB0c0lrS21jQlVTU3lIdmRybkJBUVZNQklRcG9SM3N4Vw

With that, could you please ensure that the state you pass back to the /continue endpoint is the one you see appended to the end of the Redirect URL?

I am looking forward to your update.

Thanks,
Rueben

1 Like

Thank you so much, @rueben.tiow, for looking into this. You helped my fix this.

I had tried to put the state in the JWT using “event.transaction.state”. But apparently the state query parameter differs from “event.transaction.state”. I started using the “event.transaction.state” because at one point it seemed my redirects were being sent out without state parameter. Now, the state parameter is back and everything is good again.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.