Change password email

I am using auth0 with lock for authentication for a spa. Since we are switching from a custom solution to auth0 I wanted to change as little of the current workflow as possible and thus have implemented a rule that creates an activation ticket and passes that on to a mandrill template. Additionally I have deactivated the verification email template in auth0.

But this strategy doesn’t seem to work with the change password mail, since I found no way to disable the email in auth0 and I cannot create the ticket by rule, since rules are only activated during login.

So there doesn’t seem to be any way of doing this or has anyone found another way, maybe by using hooks?

Hi @jo.ca

You have a couple of options here:

1. use the Authentication API (the same that the Lock widget uses) to send a password reset email which you can customize in the Auth0 Dashboard (link for more info)
  2. use the Management API to generate a password reset ticket which you can then embed into an email sent from your system (link to API doc)

AFAIK there is no way to disable the Authentication API method if you decide to go with the Management API method.

Hope this helps!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.